Monday, March 10, 2014

A Fun Weekend

This past weekend my husband and I, along with our good friends, Mimi and Bruce, took a ride down to Elkton, MD for the From the Farmhouse Antique and Handmades Show.  It was a beautiful sunny day and I've been so excited about this trip for months.  I knew I'd be seeing some new and old friends.  We weren't at the show long when Mimi and I ran into my new friend Theresa Meloon of Dulaney Woods Treasures and her buddy, Holly.
It was wonderful to meet them and chat for awhile.  Theresa and I seem to have lots in common and I do hope to meet up with her again soon.  
There were tons of great primitives and antiques to check out.  Everywhere you turned there was something to ohhhh and ahhhh at.
x x x
I was so looking forward to FINALLY meeting, in person, my long time friend Susan Hoover and her partner in primitives, Dorrie Koch, of Olde Threads.
What a fabulous booth they had and I love everything they do.  I know they have many fans and I am one of them.  To my surprise, many of the gals from Primitive Handmades Merchantile were there.  I patiently await their online update each month, so I was thrilled to meet all of them and what a super bunch they are.  I just couldn't stop smiling.
Back row: Susan Hoover, Teresa Miller of Teresa's Primitive Treasures, Me, Carol Woodard of Woodland Primitives, Theresa Meloon, Lisa George of Firefly Fields, and in front Dorrie Koch
There's a Fall show in November.  I'm already planning the trip and can't wait to see all my buddies again.  It was such a fun day!  I only came home with a two pieces for my collection....I think because I spend most of the time chatting.  But that's part of the fun!
These are both quite small in size.  The whisk is only about 7" and was just too sweet to pass up.
As you may know I am a collector of slaw cutters and this was in Susan and Dorrie's booth.  It has a really great patina and I loved the small size of it.
 x x x
This picture is courtesy of Theresa.  These were her finds.

Looks like she was shopping in Susan and Dorrie's booth too:) and I love the beehive string holder.
Good thing she found that before I did......LOL.
Afterwards, the four of us went to dinner at Woody's, which Holly recommended.
We had the crab cakes, but of course.  Everything was amazing.  Great food and service.  Definitely the place to eat after the show.  It's close by in North East MD.  A really cute town.  We all want to walk around it a bit the next time we are there.
x x x
Well, if you get a chance to travel to the show this Fall, you will not be disappointed and I hope to see you there.
Have a great week!
Smiles, Nan
Dulaney Woods Treasure
Dulaney Woods Treasures
Dulaney Woods Treasures

3 comments:

Theresa said...

Nan, I'm so glad you guys tried Woody's....I ate myself silly (two crab cakes)LOL! It was a fantastic day in every way...great Prims and amazing friends what could be better. :0) Hugs

TeresaM said...

It was so nice to meet you Nan!!! Thanks for the PHM mention! We really appreciate it!

Rugs and Pugs said...

What fun! Love that little slaw cutter.
Hugs :)
Lauren