Friday, December 20, 2013

Wanted to Share this News

I wanted to share the exciting news with all of you.  I'm feeling very proud to be published again.  
This time in Craftways
~A Cross Stitch Christmas~Handmade Memories~
(which can be ordered from your local needlework shop)
I was asked last year, by the managing editor to submit a design for the Folk Art chapter in their next Cross Stitch Christmas hardback book.  I couldn't wait to get designing and I knew I wanted to make it very special.   I received my copy and I was just blown away by the stunning job they do with layout and photography in this book.
Here are some pics of my "Bright Be Thy Christmastide" pattern.
  (click to make them bigger)
I took this picture before sending the model off to the publisher.


I love how they pictured it in the book.  I'm no photographer, so it's much better in person:)

And here is the cover.
This was a wonderful Christmas gift this year!
x x x
Thank you for all your sweet comments on my previous post.  I'm so glad you all liked the Holly freebie and it makes me very happy to share it with such appreciative blogging friends.  You keep me inspired.  I hope to see some pics of your finishes in the future. 
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays, my friends.
~Nan

28 comments:

linda said...

Nan, Your design is wonderful! Congratulations! It is very exciting and rewarding I am sure.

Laura said...

How exciting!!! Your design is GORGEOUS! I can't wait to add it to my collection of Nan's beauties!! Merry Christmas!

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I'm so happy for you, Nan! This design is beautiful!!! You deserve every accolade and more. Now I'm off to see where I can purchase this book!!!

nathalie-poppy said...

Hi Nan !!!
How exciting dear !!! that's wonderful !!!! Your design is beautiful !!!
Happy holidays ...
take care
Love Nat

rosek1870 said...

Oh I love the patrern! I hop you will let us know when and where we can get it!

Unknown said...

Waw, dear Nan it's wonderful such a sudisfaction for you I am so happy to share with you so much joy! ;)

HomeSpunPrims said...

Nan,
How wonderful! A big congrats to you. I love your design and the cover of the book. I think I will have to add it to my collection. Christmas blessings to you and yours, Lori

The Cottage Needle said...

Beautiful Nan! Thank you so much for sharing your talent with us!

Kate said...

Congratulations. Your design is beautiful!

Robin in Virginia said...

Well done, Nan! Love the design! Is the book for purchase now or later in 2014? And where can one purchase it!

Robin in Virginia

The Nebby Needle said...

How exciting for you! LOVE IT!!!! ~*

NMK said...

Congratulations !!!!! Love this design .... Merry Cmas ,,,,,

Monica said...

Very, very nice. When will we be able to get it?

bayrayschild said...

Congrats to you Nan!
It's sure is beautiful and you my friend are so worthy!

Hugs a plenty and Merry Christmas!
Audrey

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Well I'm buying that! Beautiful design and many happy congratulations!

Sharon said...

Oh my Nan, that is a gorgeous design! Will we have to buy the book to get it? You won't be selling this from your Etsy shop will you? Either way it's a must have. I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas!

Sandra said...

So happy for you Nan. Very well deserved honor and your design is fabulous.
Merry Christmas,
Sandra
Homespun Elegance
www.plainfancymerchant.blogspot.com

Lynn said...

Congratulations! Your design looks absolutely wonderful! I hope I'm able to find this book here in Canada.

Unknown said...

Nan I admire all of your work, your beautiful photos - amazing atmosphere on your blog. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.

Carole said...

Congratulations! Love the houses, love the message!
Merry Christmas!

aprilmecheelesdulllife said...

Wow Nan!! Beautiful!!! I will have to add that one to my collection to stitch! Merry Christmas!!

denise said...

where can we get the book? congratulations!!!!

moosecraft said...

Wow, Nan! Congrats to you! That's a beautiful design too! Now I'll be on the hunt to find the book...

/sewprimitive said...

I love these Christmas Houses, Nan! But then, I love all your designs. I'm not at all surprised they want to publish your work. Have a very Happy Christmas, and a wonderful New Year.

CathieJ said...

Congratulations! How wonderful. Your design is beautiful.

Isobel -Argante- said...

It's wonderful dear Nan :) I wish I could order it also here in Italy :(((
Anyway: have a lovely Holiday season my dear and congrats for this adorable pattern!

A bunch of hugs!
Isi

Marie said...

How exciting, congratulations! I love the design and will stop by my LNS to see about ordering the book.

Unknown said...

Ich habe gerade deinen Blog entdeckt
Wunderschöne Stickereien machst du .
Ich komme wieder
Frohes neues Jahr Karo