Thursday, September 5, 2013

The Never Ending Birthday - Part 2

Well my friends, I have a few minutes this morning before I really get into my day, so I wanted to post Part II of my never ending birthday :)
As I mentioned in my last post, my friend Mimi and I got together for the day.
Before we took off on our road trip she gave me these awesome birthday gifts.
First, I'll show you my favorite of all. 
She cross stitched and finished this wonderful ditty bag with my initials in beautiful Fall colors.
Handmade gifts always touch my heart and I am so thrilled to have this made by a friends hands.  I will cherish it and it will bring me many smiles.
x x x x 
She also surprised me with this heart handled slaw board or kraut cutter. 
 I collect these and have them hanging all around our kitchen.  I really love it and it's just so prim.  I couldn't wait to find a place for it.
Of course, no birthday would be complete without adding a little fabric and a "wanted" chart to a friends stash :D 
To say the least, it has been a great birthday.  I am blessed with a wonderful, loving husband and many, many good friends, who make my life full and happy.
Thanks for making my day so special!
Smiles, ~Nan

8 comments:

Beehive Needleworks said...

Wishing you a very happy belated birthday Nan!
Oh my goodness, such special gifts! I feel certain that you shall tuck a treasured memory within each birthday lovely.
Sending much joy your way...
Judy

NMK said...

Happy Birthday !!! Beautiful gifts !!! I love how B-days can last a whole month !!!

Sweet Sue said...

Sweet gifties, ♥ that mahhhvelous ditty bag, you lucky birthday girl:)

Bianca said...

Happy Birthday! You got some great goodies. I love the new stash.

Patti said...

Happy belated birthday! Thanks for sharing your incredible gifts ~ so lovely!
Blessings, Patti

Chris said...

Lovely gifts! So glad that you are having an amazing celebration!

marly said...

What a fabulous bag. Love the fabrics too. Good friends give great gifts!!

Sharon said...

Nan, your ditty bag is to die for. So beautiful. You received some awesome gifts. I love when the birthday celebrations continue-such fun! Happy Birthday!