Thursday, September 12, 2013

A Stitcher's Finish and MORE Gifts

Just couldn't wait to show you this finish that Pat from Dyeing to Stitch did. She asked me convert the DMC I used to Gentle Art floss on Beggar's Night.
Here's her wonderful stitched piece!
If you're interest, here is the conversion I suggested.
DMC            GAST

Ecru            Oatmeal
     3021            Wood Trail
612             Chamomile
   610             Old Hickory

        3011           Chives                
   3012         Grasshopper
301            Pumpkin Pie


She also chose to trim this with R&R Cocoa chenille instead of the Cinnamon.  I wish you could see all the variegation in the pumpkin pie floss.  It's really beautiful.  Thank you Pat for stitching this and sharing it with us.
x x x x x
Well, my buddy Ann came back from Market and sent me a surprise box.  She went antique shopping while in St. Charles and got this sweet crow candle holder for me.  She knows me so well.  I put it out immediately.
She also sent more R&R linen, vintage pins and a Halloween inspired kit and chart from Blackbird Designs.  Yep, when I saw this "Away We Ride" chart, my heart skipped a beat.
Ann's a very good listener and surprised me with it.   

Wonderful gifts from a wonderful friend.
Thanks Ann, you know I love everything and they've brought me many smiles.

Hope you all have something to smile about too.
Enjoy your evening!
Smiles, Nan

6 comments:

Keeper of the Crowes said...

I'm loving the new pattern, Nan. The over dyes are a wonderful alternative, but the DMCs are beautiful too.

Jeanne said...

Lucky you having such thoughtful friends. I'm saving off that conversion - it looks great! Thanks for sharing.

Unknown said...

Wonderful finish and conversion suggested..beautiful Blackbird design with your beloved raven!

denise said...

wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

moosecraft said...

Another beautiful finish of Beggar's Night! :-) And I've got to find me one of those crow candle holders... I do have Away We Ride.... though that might be done by NEXT Halloween at the rate I'm going... lol!

Dora said...

Another beautiful finish of Beggar's Night!