Sunday, March 24, 2013

Fun Outing

On Friday, a bunch of us
went antiquing.
It was a little brisk, so we bundled
up and headed out for a fun
day together in hopes of bringing
home some cool finds.    
Maureen, Daryl, Jen, Ruthe and myself

We had a lot of fun even though
none of us really scored anything
out of the ordinary. 
We saw so many wonderful
antiques, but most would have
required remortgaging the house :D
~*~*~*~
Here's what I brought home....
I have quite a collection of Mason
jars.  These are all very different 
from any others I have and will fit in
nicely.
  By the way, the fabric is not antique :)   
Ruthe and I stopped by Olde City Quilts
the day before.  I guess you could
say I collect fabric too.  LOL.    
I'm sure you'll be seeing one of these in
a future project.
Love these shades.  They remind me of
Bee's honey!
~*~*~*~
Enjoy the week ahead.
Smiles, ~Nan      
     

11 comments:

moosecraft said...

Good friends, bee's honey fabrics and antique mason jars... doesn't get much better than that! Well... maybe add a slice of apple pie to it all... lol!

Rugs and Pugs said...

It's always fun to antique even if just little things come home with you. Beautiful fabric.
Hugs :)
Lauren

Michelle said...

Antique shopping is fun glad you had a good day x

Pamela said...

Looks like you had fun and even scored a few goodies to come home with you. Can wait to see what you create!

denise said...

nice find! denise

Keeper of the Crowes said...

Nothing better than an outing with girlfriends!!!The jars and fabric are amazing! Looking forward to stitching that future project.

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What a wonderful day spending it with friends hunting for treasures.
One of my favorite pastimes!!!
Love the jars and beautiful fabrics!
Prim Blessings
Robin

Julie - My Primitive Heart said...

Hi Nan,
I love to collect Mason and Ball jars too, and have many of them filled with buttons and old spools of thread! You can never have too many and glad you found some unique ones!!
Love those yummy fabrics too and know you will have fun using them!!
Have a great week!
Warm Hugs~~
Julie

Beehive Needleworks said...

Oooh, how very perfect...friends, antique finds, fabrics, and fun!
Wishing you a lovely week...
Warmly,
Judy

Unknown said...

Beautiful stash!!! What a nice company in the picture! I love so much the new header the may flowers are wonderful!!!!!!!

Deb said...

Wonderful mason jars, I love the colour and the old zinc lids. Your new fabrics are beautiful, delicious colours! Glad you had a lovely antiquing day with your friends.