Wednesday, December 29, 2010

* Christmas Pics to Share *

I hope you had a wonderful Christmas.
What a whirlwind it's been, but such fun too.
* * * * * * *
I wanted to share some Christmas pics with you now that the
holiday is over and I have some spare time.

Of course I love handmades, so the tree is mostly decorated with those and my collection of kugels, another love of mine.  I made a fabric garland  a many years ago that we put on the tree every year.  It's simple and prim and I love the casual look it gives.

Here is our prim feather tree with more handmade ornies, most of these I cross stitched years ago.

I love to hang this coverlet on the pie safe for a splash of red.

We usually have the fireplace going on these cold winter days.
We got about a foot of snow here in Philadelphia during that last storm.
Everything is covered in white.
 * * * * * * *
I'm excited to say I've been doing some designing and should have a few new patterns out by the end of January.  I've also been stitching to my hearts content and will post pics of the finishes as soon as they're all done.
Stay warm friends and enjoy this beautiful season.
Happy stitching,
~Nan

17 comments:

Faye said...

Your pictures are just beautiful!! I especially love the prim feather tree and it looks like you have the perfect spot for it.. And, your mantle is beautiful yet simple. I like that!!

Thanks for sharing and I know you have alot of wonderful memories in all those decorations!!

Take care, Faye

KarenV said...

Your home is beautiful Nan :) I love the feather tree and your main tree is very pretty too. Thanks for sharing.

Patti said...

Lovely pics! I especially love that coverlet and pie safe and the beautiful butter churn by the fireplace - such winderful treasures!

Can't wait to see your new designs ;)

Blessings, Patti

Beckyjean said...

Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures. I just love your feather tree. Have a very Happy New Year!

Prim Hugs~Becky

Michelle said...

Lovely photos - thank you for letting us see them.

Im a new follower to you blog and enjoy it.

Wishing you a very happy and healthly new year 2011.

Alicia said...

What beautiful photos of your home. Everything is so warm and inviting. I thought everything was wonderful but especially love the pie safe with the red linen on it. Your fireplace looks very warm and inviting. It must be wonderful to sit near and enjoy its warmth on a winter day.

Blessings,
Alicia

Robin at The Primitive Hutch said...

What a beautiful home you have. Love all your pictures with all your prim decor. Thanks for sharing.
Prim Blessings! Robin

Sue said...

Pretty Christmas pictures. Thanks for sharing, I hope you have a Happy New Year.

Nan said...

Your home is so cozy. I love all the "cabinets" I see in the pictures. Your Christmas decorations are gorgeous.

Joy said...

Your decorating is lovely...isn't it nice to have time to enjoy it now? Look forward to seeing new designs!
Happy New Year, Joy

Karen said...

Your decorations are beautiful...love the coverlet on the pie safe. I may have to steal that idea.

Can't wait to see what goodies you will have next month! Happy stitching....

The Crackling Crows Banners said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH Nan...I LOVE your Christmas decoration!!! Your house is gorgeous...can't wait to visit you some day :)))
You have such a wonderful taste...love it! Can't wait to see your new cross stitch designs I know they will be stunning :)
I love the feather tree!!!!!!


Smiles Ivonne

Maria said...

Your home is very beautiful and i love the feather tree ;)))
ir's perfect for you!!!
ciao Maria
Happy New Year ;))))

Mary @ Neat and Tidy said...

Whether you post pictures of your home or your stitching, it's all so inspiring.

Have a great 2011.

Patty C. said...

The fireplace looks gorgeous !!
Best wishes in the New Year

Anonymous said...

I like your decorating style...welcoming and tasteful but not overdone. Very nice! Thanks for sharing your photos. Happy new year! Angela

Lola said...

Nan! Thanks for much for "inviting" all of us in to see your BEAUTIFUL home! I love love LOVE all of your decorations, and especially that fabulous prim feather tree! What beautiful memories you have made for yourself and all of your friends!

I look forward to seeing what you will be designing & creating in this New Year! Happy New Year everyone!!

In the words of my 8-year-old daughter, Olya
"This was the BEST Christmas EVER!" Thanks, Olya ~ you make it very special for me every year!

Brightest Blessings to all!
Lola